Mk2 Mini Cooper Reconditioned 998cc Engine and Gearbox – D Top Pistons,12G295 Head – Limited Offer
Includes Surcharge Payment
This is a very rare opportunity to own a genuine 998 Cooper engine for mk2 Classic Mini Coopers. This engine has been built up from a low mileage engine. Crank is Std Std and balanced with the con rods. Pistons are genuine Cooper D Top pistons (standard bores) 12G295 Cylinder head. A straight up reconditioned Engine and Gearbox. You will not beat the attention to detail and quality of an A-SD engine.
If you are looking for originality this engine and gearbox package offers just that, High quality replacement power unit and transmission painted in authentic BMC Green
So what to you get?
As with all of our engine builds you get the best quality new parts and excellent machining services.
- 998 Cooper Block
- Chemically Cleaned and thoroughly cleaned
- New Core Plugs.
- Block Refaced
- New Camshaft Bearings
- Original D Top Pistons, Chemically Cleaned with new rings.
- Chemically Cleaned Con-Rods balanced to crank.
- Polished (Std/Std), Balanced Crankshaft
- Mahle / Glyco Big End Bearing Shells
- Mahle / Glyco Main Bearing Shells
- New Camshaft and followers
- New push rods.
- New Duplex timing chain kit.
- Water Temperature Sensor
- Oil Pressure Relieve Valve
- Oil Pressure Switch
- New Water Pump, Oil Pump
- Reconditioned 12G295 Cylinder head, Can be made unleaded at buyers request.
- New Forged Rockers
- Crank Pulley
- NGK BP6ES Spark Plugs
- Built up with new, quality hardware throughout. Head studs, Con Rod bolts and all ancillary bolts.
- Payen Gaskets
- Twin Hs2 Carburettors, On Manifold with Linkages.
- Reconditioned Mk2 Cooper Gearbox
The Austin/ Morris Mini Cooper was produced with 998cc A series engine from 1964 – 1969 producing 55 hp (41 kW) at 5800 rpm and 57 lb·ft (77 N·m) at 3000 rpm.
- 1964–1969 Austin/Morris Mini Cooper
Built up to the highest quality standards, complete with initial start up papers, warranty papers and set up instructions.
On completion of each build, Our Engines are set up and run on our purpose built test bed. During this initial start up the water temperature and oil pressure are monitored and we inspect to make sure there are no water or oil leaks. With the test complete the Engine Oil is drained and the engine is secured into its crate for shipping or collection.
There are two surcharge payments applied to these engines. If you have a like to like engine to return to us then both of these will be issued back to you.
998cc Surcharge: £450.00
Most customers will have an engine to send back to us, and where possible we encourage this as it means that we always keep a healthy stock of doner engines to
recondition. We ask that the engines are cleaned off and drained of all fluids as our courier can refuse to collect engines that are leaking fluids.
Engine Pallet Surcharge: £50.00
Our workshops have engineered metal frames that secure inside a crate to safely transport the Engines. We are keen to get these back to save our workshop having to recreate them. These are ideal for you to secure your engine to and send back, but if you do not have an engine to send back, simply send the frame back to get your surcharge payment back.